Improvisation enables us to develop an understanding for the elements of music and our individuality as musicians.
An Inquiry Into:
- different elements of music, such as rhythm, style, timbre, etc.
- experimenting with improvisation
- developing confidence as musicians
Things to Explore:
- Why do we improvise?
- What do I need to know to improvise well?
- How do I know when it’s my turn to play?
- How is improvising like a conversation?
- What is a “wrong note” while improvising?
- How do I feel when I am improvising alone?
- How many different ways can we improvise?
- How does improvising help us become better composers?